Skip to main content

Wee Wonder Quilt

 Circa 2018 a beautiful new quilt pattern #northstarquilt launched and soon after a #emilydennis began a quilt along. I got very excited and joined. I considered multiple fabric options and finally landed on #sarahjanefabric collection #weewonderfabric.


Here is the quilt top before beginning any loading. I also modified the pattern by adding a border which was inspired by an Instagram quilter (check out my Instagram feed for the details)


I used a Moda bella solid for the lighter grey and an Andover print for the dark grey. All other fabrics are Michael Miller.
I am usually drawn to the border prints in a collection but stumped on what to use them for so in this case I used it both on the front and back.

The digital edge to edge quilting design I selected for this quilt is #daytripper from #urbanelementz. 

I used #quiltersdreampuff for the batting. The texture is breathtaking. I have temporarily on a guest bed and each time I walk past it I'm surprised and something new I see.

We all have those tops we have waiting for a day when we will get to quilting them. I'd be happy to work with you to get those tops turned into quilts.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange Peel Templates

Please ensure that when printing these templates you can measure 1" to ensure your measurements are accurate. I recommend cutting on the outer most lines of each shape (some are solid, some dash & some dots). The interior shape solid line is the sewing line. 3 inch template 6 inch template

Digital Edge to Edge Longarm Quilting Service coming in 2021.

                                Digital Edge to Edge Longarm Quilting Service coming in Summer of 2021.  I am working to set up my longarm studio to be able to offer digital edge to edge longarm quilting. I have been quilting for over 15 years. I have been fortunate to either rent time on a longarm or have a dear friend allow me to use her longarm. I am looking forward to sharing my love for patchwork quilts with other quilters. It is always so great to be able to collaborate on a quilt with fellow quilters.

How to really shop President's Day Sales....

I can't not share one of the lovely package contents I received today... The Fabric Haul.... A free gift from the online fabric store (enabler)...